Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Selecting the Land

Houses from this era came in both
colors, gray and beige.
So at the request of one of my co-workers (thanks Patrick) I've decided to start a blog about my experience building a house.  I grew up in houses that were either in the countryside or on the edge of town, so looking at most houses in Bozeman made me feel a little claustrophobic.  I didn't want to look out my future living room window and have a view that in any way resembled the less than awe-inspiring current view of my neighbors condo:



There are astounding views in all directions here in Bozeman, but you need one of two things to see them:  

1.  A house taller than your neighbors
2.  A house that faces either a public park or school

We were fortunate to stumble across this lot while out for a run in one of our favorite subdivisions, Valley West.  It backs up to a school, and with the living room and kitchen windows facing this direction we will be rewarded with stunning views of the ever dynamic Bridger Mountains.


Limei looks cold because she is, this was taken back in early spring of this year.

3 comments:

Patrick said...

Yes, that is a 'cool' view :-)

You've chosen your plot and started your blog, there is no way back now... No doubt it's going to be a exiting adventure for the both of you. I'm looking forward to reading what will happen next.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Chad and LiMei! So happy for you both! What a beautiful view you'll have with your new house!

Love, Kathy

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful view!! congrats you 2! what a great way to begin your life together!

love ya!
Hannah