Thursday, January 20, 2011

Gettin' My Hands Dirty

These ceiling sheets of drywall were huge and a lot heavier than they look in this picture,
I'm glad I wasn't the guy installing them.

This is Ted pretending to work.  Literally.  He will have a lot more real work
to do when he comes to help install and finish the oak floors.  That's right,
I said oak.  Apparently there are a bunch of reasons not to use bamboo.



This is me actually working.  I did a lot more actual work than Ted did pretend work.

And this is what we were working on.  This was the easy part of the pine tongue & groove porch ceiling. We would later come to regret having to start on this end, but they were carrying drywall in the front door.  In hindsight we could have taken some
measurements to check for evenness, but as always Captain Hindsight was a little too late to actually help.


Meanwhile the drywallers were hauling ass.  The spots are from the flash
reflecting off of dust in the air.


The finished product.  This took Ted and I the better part of a whole day, but it was worth it.


This shot along with the above cleverly hide the gaps (pointless now that I'm telling you about it) from it not being installed perfectly straight.  We've got just a couple of more pieces to cut at an angle to fill in those gaps, some trim to install around the perimeter and then it's done.  The porch ceiling, not the house.

No comments: