Friday, January 28, 2011

Limei wants to know when she can start cooking in her new kitchen.  Oak flooring samples in the foreground.

My arch nemesis, the paint sprayer.  I thought I would knock out the eaves in a couple of hours, actual time being 4,
but that was not the case.  I got maybe 15% of the job done in the whole afternoon due to ladders, mud, and this
clogging sprayer.

Halfway through the day I was coated in mud.

Drywallers get to have all the fun.

Here's the finished eaves after I called in the professionals today - they did a nice job, and it only took them a
quarter of the time.  Lesson learned?  When you're running out of time, bite the bullet.  Love the color, the black
has a slight green tint to it, and it really makes the natural wood pop out.

Oh, and our interior doors arrived.  Jesse upgraded us to the "shaker" doors that don't have a
beveled edge around the interior panels.  A little more modern design that will match our cabinets.

Loving the way this room looks, it gets so much light in the afternoon even though there is no direct sunlight.

And finally, our front door.  Hung backwards.  Ooops, someones gonna have to fix that.  Not it!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Hey Chad, Hey Limei!!
Wow, your house is getting nicer everytime I read your blog!! I can't wait to come and visit!!! I hope things keep to get nicer and that Limei will have her nice kitchen soon :) Keep in touch
xxx