Monday, November 15, 2010

Hey! Where'd My Yard Go?

Whose thaaat lady?
Things are definitely moving along quickly, but don't worry, I'll keep you guys up to speed, even if I have to post here every day!  We went for a run by the property on Sunday and ran into Jesse as he was riding his BMW motorcycle by (maybe we ARE paying him too much?).  He put our fears aside in that yes, the foundation is dug out bigger than the actual house, so we will have at least a few feet more of yard on each side.  Apparently we won't get a good perspective on size until the house is framed, which I can understand.  Perception is so weird, especially when you've got giant mountains in the background - they make everything look small.  I also found out that the black tarps were to keep the ground warm so that when they poured the concrete footers they would set up properly.  Looks like there poured some today, I'll see if I can catch some of the guys in action tomorrow - man, they are going to be so sick of seeing me by the time they are done :)

In other news, Big Sky is getting hammered with snow all week. They've already got a base of 20-30", so anything on top of that is great news for after Thanksgiving skiing!

No comments: